WHAT IS THE DANIEL PLAN?
So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31 (NIV)
I am allowed to do all things, but not all things are good for me to do; surely you know that your bodies are parts of Christ himself.
1 Corinthians 6:12, 15 (NCV)
We are thrilled to be partnering with Rick Warren and Saddleback Church for this incredible program!
This program is available free of charge to ANYONE in our community who would like to join us by getting healthy! We are in this TOGETHER! We will meet weekly on Tuesday evenings at 7pm (138 E. Genesee St. Auburn, NY)
Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their efforts. For if either fails, his companion can lift him up; but pity the one who falls without another to lift him up…A cord of three strands is not easily broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (HCSB)
The Daniel Plan is not just another “diet”. It’s a lifestyle change based on the biblical story of Daniel, who refused to eat the king’s rich food in order to honor God’s best for him and his friends. The Daniel Plan focuses on 6 Core Principles, including the following:
- CONNECT for Success - Get in touch with your health and with others! Ask a friend to join you. Attend our weekly meetings. Start learning about foods you should avoid, watch the “Clean Out Your Pantry” video by Dr. Amen. Print out the “Good Foods” shopping list.
- RELY on God’s Power - Willpower is not enough. You need God’s power. Set daily goals and rely on HIS strength. Read “How to have meaningful time with God” by Pastor Rick Warren. Consider using food and exercise tracking tools like fitday.com, loseit.com or fatsecret.com.
- EAT Delicious Whole Foods - Imagine the Garden of Eden as your food source. Don’t drink your calories, drink WATER. Read the label on your foods. Supplement your diet with high quality vitamins.
- MOVE Your Way to Health - Get going. The more exercise, the more energy! Plan on exercising for 30 minutes at least 4-5 times a week. You can try ‘Burst’ training a proven method to burn lots of body fat. You can also burn calories and gain strength by resistance training.
- THINK Sharper and Smarter - Better brain health = better life! Get 7-8 hours of sleep per night. Stress less with deep breathing and exercise. Don’t believe the automatic negative thoughts in your head. Challenge and replace them with the truth!
- HEAL for Life - Make a game plan for permanent changes that heal. Seek optimal digestive health by following Dr. Hyman’s suggestions. Stop sugar addiction and food addictions that trigger overeating.
The Daniel Plan includes guidance from three world-class medical authorities and other wellness professionals, including:
- Functional medicine specialist Dr. Mark Hyman
- Brain health expert Dr. Daniel Amen
- Heart surgeon Dr. Mehmet Oz